25.8.10

i hate to admit...utah has perks


everyone knows my heart belongs to california, but utah does actually have some perks, in its peaks. the mountains are most definitely her best feature
as the summer is rapidly coming to an end, we had to find a night that we could go camping. i actually love overnight camping. you know the kind where you go on a friday night, and leave on saturday morning. its the perfect amount of time. enough to enjoy the out doors, stuff your face with tin foil dinners, and make yourself sick on s'mores. so thats exactly what we did, and it was delightful!

we found a perfect little spot up american fork canyon. away from the camp grounds. all by ourselves.

niya was a big help putting up the tent


it was a little hard to keep her from eating the weeds


once we got the tent up and the fire going, it was time to just enjoy


and eat our DELISH tin foil dinners. im kind of really good at tin foil dinners


once it got dark enough we put niya to bed, and just got to sit out by the fire and eat s'mores and look at the stars. 


i can't say i slept all that well though. i was paranoid that niya was going to get hypothermia in the night. but of course she slept like a champ


camping is fun

3 comments:

  1. Oh, also, could you possible take my last name off on the side bar. It's not a big deal, but that is one of the only things that comes up when you google my full name. And with my new job quest I'm not trying to advertise my blog.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like a mom to stay up worrying all night, so cute. I really want to get together next time I am in Utah. I have to admit after moving to California I love going back to Utah and spending time there because I miss it when I am gone.

    ReplyDelete