10.8.09

baby behave!

so last monday and tuesday nights i spent in the hospital. I started having stomach pain at about 5pm and by 11pm i had called the on call ob and she said to go to labor and delivery. I reluctantly went in feeling kinda dumb actually. the nurses hooked me up to a couple monitors and saw that i was in fact having contractions every 2 minutes. i pretty much freaked out. they started out making me drink tons of water then gave me a shot of tributaline (t0 stop contractions). They then tested my pee. It was fine no infections. They checked my cervix. It was fine still closed. They checked for fetal cells. No trace. After two more shots to stop the contractions and all the test coming back good. They sent us home at about 5:30am. They told me to take it easy and drink lots of water. The next night i was still having pain so we did the previous night all over again. So now its been a week and the major pain is gone but im still having contractions a little and i just feel like mild period crampy all the time. Everyone keeps saying unless the pain gets worse or the contractions are more than 6 in an hour im fine. So baby behave!! I really don't want you to come yet!

6 comments:

  1. That baby fig is going to give you a run for your money. I think she's going to be a strong willed little thing.

    I hope she keeps herself in there for a while. She needs to cook some more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a sassy one, that's what I think. I'm sorry you are still having pain :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Summer...
    Rest time, yay!! Chicks flicks, pedicures, thrashy magazines...let me know if you need anything...I can paint flowers on toes...Tracy

    check out my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad little fig is staying put! She sounds like she is going to be like little miss Grace... Spicy! Please let me know if I can do anything for you- I am just up the hill. Also, my kiddos start school on Thursday so I may call you to come for a visit if that's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yikes!!! no bueno, summs! tell that baby to stay put!

    miss you! i promise, this baby will be worth all the pain! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer! I just found your blog through Amberly's. So exciting about the baby, but I hope she stays put for now. Let me know if you need anything, or even just some company!

    Lisa
    xx

    ReplyDelete