2.8.09

lone peak makes me freak



saturday morning Drew, his brother Adam ,and Dad Scott woke up bright and early to hike lone peak. Drews been wanting to do this for a long time so he was super excited. It was going to be a 12 hour minimum hike and they decided to do it all in one day. So 6:30am he was out the door to meet dad and bro at the trail head. As soon as he left my crazy mind started to go wild. My life as a single mother flashed before my eyes and i just kept creating scenario after scenario of my husband falling to his death, or getting struck by lightning, or running out of water etc etc.... I decided "oh maybe i should read reviews online of other peeps that hiked lone peak and then i can feel better." yeah right. I started reading reviews and key words stuck out like sheer rock cliffs, dried up stream beds with no water, poorly marked trails, getting lost, scrambling up slick rock and on and on. Needless to say i did NOT feel better. I thought for sure he wouldn't make it out alive. Why do i do this to myself?!!! It took me a good hour and a half to calm myself down and realize that everything would be fine, and he was going to have the time of his life. Turns out he did have the time of his life. Amanda and I picked them up at the trail head at 7:30pm. They made it up and back in 12 and a half hours. Drew came back dirty, and disgustingly sweaty, with leg muscles so tired he could hardly hold him self up but with the biggest grin on his face i've ever seen. He absolutely loved it. Im so glad he made it to the top of Lone Peak. Good job babe!! Im proud

2 comments:

  1. And it was pretty amazing that none of them seriously injured themselves! I wonder if baby fig will be a hiker one day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Way to go guys! I would love to do that hike one day- I bet it was amazing at the top. Watch out Summer, they are just warming up for Mt. Everest!!

    ReplyDelete