2.3.10

who cleans the highchairs?

monday was a really fun day for me, and niya. we celebrated her 4 month birthday at cafe rio with cher. i decided she was old enough to get out of the infant seat, and join us at the table in a highchair! she loved it. she just kind of slung her arm back and lounged. she looked like a natural. it was like she had been sitting in a highchair in the womb. i tried not to think about how nasty dirty the chair was. i know nobody cleans those
she loved cher too. she kept staring at her and smiling. i tried to get a good picture of them, but all i got was niya looking wild eyed , and cherilyn looking chinese. oh well better luck next time.
when we got home later that day i was disgustingly reminded of the dirty high chair when i found red sticky candy on her blanket, courtesy of the runny nosed, slimy handed kid that sat there before her. i shivered feeling grossed out, but ,before i let my anxious mind start running wild, i just stopped, took a REALLY deep breath and said to myself "oh well"


3 comments:

  1. She's always going to look wide-eyed! She's such a freaking cute baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I miss Cafe Rio, Niya, Sum and Cher. I'm so proud of you for not having an anxiety attack. Although, maybe next time you should give it a quick wipe down with a Clorox wipe... I would feel much better. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you always have a bow on her head... I'm a big fan of bows. She's so darling, I love her big blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete