23.2.12

36 weeks and bed rest

Today I'm 36 weeks and 1 day pregnant with baby boy, and I'm on my 4th day of bed rest. My blood pressure has been slowly climbing over the last couple of weeks so I kind of had a feeling this is where I'd end up. Dr yamashiro has been having me monitor my pressures a few times a day and wanting me to stay in the 140's/90's range. I've been able to stay right around there. As of Sunday night though I was getting readings of about 150/100 so I called the doc. Just to be on the safe side he wanted me to go into labor and delivery to be monitored. While I was there they were able to get me to come down to like 135/85! It was pretty crazy though because I got up to go to the bathroom and they shot right back up. They felt like bed rest would be the best bet to getting this baby to cook a little longer. Tuesday I went into the doctor and he felt like if I could just make it to 37 weeks he would probably induce me. So that's about where we are at now. I'm going back in to see him this afternoon so hopefully we'll set a game plan and shoot for next week, but we'll see!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! I was worried my hair would put you over the edge ;) We'd love to have Niya over to play if you'd like. Can't believe your little guy will soon be here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew that just the next day you would be having sweet Milo. Let me know what I can do while he is in the NICU - and after. I can't wait to go visit that sweet baby boy again.

    ReplyDelete