6.1.10

the eve

this year we stayed in utah for christmas. it was my first year ever not being with my family in california. it was fun to experience new traditions and introduce my old traditions to the quists.

Christmas eve with the quists = driving around in the car eating pizza and looking at christmas lights. Totally different and new for me but really fun, and festive!
Niya liked it too. She loves pizza and sleep
Adam and Amanda snuggled up together in the back and ate their pizza and giggled
People take christmas lights seriously
After looking at lights we came back to the house and took some family pics. It was Niyas first christmas eve!

we all got to open one present. Niya got this from aunt amanda who is OBSESSED with britney spears
she also got the winkle
drew got a new computer bag
one of my very favorite christmas traditions in my family is that we all wear matching jammies. Im sure the quists were so excited that they got sucked in to that one
everyone was good sports about it. look even scott seems happy to be matching
we ended the night in the basement all watching christmas vacation. Niya drew and i spent the night. Adam was so nice to give up his bed. Thanks adam. We had a really great christmas eve.

3 comments:

  1. I need to get a cd of the pictures you took on Christmas Eve. I have none!

    I like that picture of all of us in our pajamas. It's totally cute! I like the new tradition. I'll have to try and talk my parents into doing it on the years you aren't here :)

    Also, the picture of you and Niya, and the picture of you, Andrew, and Niya are SO cute! You guys are an adorable family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so the second year i was married i was spending it with the millers. i was so into watching christmas vacation and insisted on it. when we all were watching it together, i about died at how bad it was. janell left the room. i still love the movie, but i always joke around that that is when the family decided i was the crappy in-law and not scarlett's husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time! I love the pizza in the car looking for Christmas lights. I heard Andrew can spot those things from miles away! ;) Also, I love that you all have matching Christmas jammies! My kids always get some from the elf. I just wish that elf would wise up and bring me some too. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete