25.10.09

did you get your swine flu vaccine?

WE DID!
saturday morning drew and i woke up at 5:30am to make it down to the sandy health department by 6, one hour before they started giving out the h1n1 vaccination shot at 7. when we arrived i couldn't believe my eyes! it was ridiculous. the line was already at least 1000 people long. luckily my smart husband rememered to bring me a chair and a coat. don't ask me why i didn't think to bring one for myself, after all it is the end of october in utah at 6am. so the waiting game began. over the next hour the line continued to grow and by 8am no joke there was AT LEAST 5000 people in line. Are you kidding me!!!!! around 8 some "official" came out and basically started telling people around us and behind us to go home cause we weren't gonna get it. since the whole process so far had been so unorganized drew and i were skeptical. as people left we just moved up in the line and decided to take our chances. i didn't get up at 530 for nothin!! we continued to wait as different health officials walked up and down the line trying to deter us saying things like "youre takin a chance waiting you might not get one." finally a couple of worker ladies came walking down actually counting. she came back to tell us that we would in fact most likely be getting one. yay! the waiting was not gonna be in vain. so at 10am after a long morning of standing in line we lifted our sleeves and got shot!

2 comments:

  1. Well, hopefully baby fig appreciates what you do for her. I can't believe you guys waited four hours - that's dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still mad that we didn't get ours! But I am very happy you guys got yours!! It was fun to hang out with you guys in line. Next time I will question authority!

    ReplyDelete